Friday, November 16, 2012

Not Surprised by N.T. Wright

Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the ChurchSurprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church by N.T. Wright

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I expect anything from N.T. Wright to be deep, passionate, and thoroughly Biblical.  I was not disappointed in this book.  I used his DVD lessons in a class I taught at church.  He has a wonderful accent and the lessons were delivered in wonderful English settings of cathedrals and countryside. I found he content very informative and edifying but the book was definitely a neck-stretcher for my students.  I commend them for wading through it.  It deserves to be abridged for "ordinary" readers who need to be exposed to the core points he makes without having to run down all the side bars he follows answering arguments that regular church folk do not face.  Keep writing Professor Wright and I'll keep reading!



View all my reviews

No comments: